The information we gather
We gather two (2) types of information about users:
- Non-personally identifiable information (information that does not identify a specific individual): When visitors use the Services, we collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which links were “clicked.” Collecting such information involves the collection and logging of IP addresses, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Services. Although such information is not personally identifiable, we can determine from the IP address a visitor’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity. The non-personally identifiable information we collect helps us identify the most popular areas of the Sites and determine the effectiveness of our promotional activities. In addition, we may disclose some of this information to advertisers to inform them of the number of people who have seen and/or clicked through their advertisements. We collect non-personally identifiable information in part through the use of “cookies.” For more information, read our section entitled “Cookies” below.
- Personally identifiable information: In certain areas of the Services, such as those in which you make an online booking, a spare parts enquiry, a general enquiry, or submit your resume we may request that you provide us with certain personally identifiable information such as your e-mail address, name, telephone number, address, post code, or work experience. We will, in such situations, seek to identify which informational items are required and which are optional.
How we use the information we gather
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways we use the information we gather. Keep in mind that, while we encourage all third parties involved, including but not limited to its advertisers, to adhere to our policies regarding the privacy of our visitors and users and to otherwise handle personally identifiable information in a responsible manner, we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties, including the manner in which they use information received either from us or independently. Nevertheless, in the event you encounter any third party associated with us, or who claims association with us, who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact [email protected].
How we use non-personally identifiable information: We use non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful Services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors and users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Services. We may provide statistical information based on this data to advertisers, users, and other current and potential business partners. We may also use the aggregate data to inform these third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked through links to their sites.
How we use personally identifiable information: We may use the personally identifiable information a user submits for any purposes related to our business, including, but not limited:
- To understand a user’s needs and create content that is relevant to the user;
- To generate statistical studies;
- To conduct market research and planning by sending user surveys;
- To notify user referrals of ABC Electrical services, information, or products when a user requests that we send such information to referrals;
- To improve services, information, and products;
- To help a user complete a transaction, or provide services or customer support to users and to recipients of ABC Electrical products;
- To communicate with the user and with recipients of ABC Electrical products and services;
- To email users about services, information, products and offers from ABC Electrical;
- To personalize a Site for the user;
- To notify the user of any changes with a Site which may affect the user;
- To allow the user to purchase products, access services, or otherwise engage in activities the user selects; and
- To allow us to contact you by phone and/or email.
User names, identifications (“IDs”), and email addresses (as well as any additional information that a user may choose to post) may be publicly available on a Site when a user voluntarily and publicly discloses personally identifiable information, such as when a user posts personally identifiable information in conjunction with content subject to an open source license, uses features to send a message to another user, or as part of a message posted to a public forum or a publicly-released software application. Users may not be able to change or remove public postings once posted. Such personally identifiable information may be used by visitors of these pages to send unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for any consequences which may occur from the use of personally identifiable information that a user chooses to submit to public pages.
Access and correction
If you request us to do so, we can take reasonable steps to amend or correct your personal information to keep it accurate and up-to-date. Please contact us if you would like to access or request a correction of your personal information via [email protected].
We also may use local shared objects, also known as “Flash cookies” to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our website to personalize your visit. Flash cookies are different from “browser” cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, including how to delete Flash cookies, click here for additional information.
Our web servers may automatically log aggregate information, such as a user’s IP address, domain name, browser type, date and time of access, and other log file data. This information may be used to analyze trends or administer the Sites.
The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number on our payments page) we encrypt the transmission of that information.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your browser is up to date and that you have taken at least basic measures to ensure that your information remains safe online. We advise that you do not communicate any confidential information through our services.
If you have any questions about security on our Sites, you can contact us at [email protected].
Third party website links & subdomains
Links to third party web sites or widgets to enable sharing of information through social networks on the Sites are provided solely as a convenience to the user. When a user uses these links, the user leaves the Sites. We have not reviewed all of these third party sites, does not control, and is not responsible for, any of the third party sites, their content or privacy practices. We do not endorse or make any representations about the third party sites, or any information, services, or products found on the sites. If a user decides to access any of the linked sites, we encourage the user to read their privacy statements. The user accesses such sites at user’s own risk.
Any personally identifiable information you provide using any third party content, software, services, and other products is subject to that third party’s policies governing privacy and security.
Social Media Features
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s web site.