< Back to blog
Common Electrical Safety Hazards in the Home

Common Electrical Safety Hazards in the Home

  1. Overloaded circuits: Overloading circuits by plugging in too many devices or using too many power strips can cause a fire or an electrical shock.
  2. Frayed wires: Damaged or frayed wires can cause arcing, which is a major cause of electrical fires.
  3. Outdated electrical systems: Old or outdated electrical systems can be a fire hazard and may not be able to handle the electrical demands of modern appliances.
  4. Extension cords: Extension cords can be a fire hazard if they are damaged, used improperly, or if they are overloaded.
  5. DIY electrical work: Attempting to do electrical work without proper knowledge or experience can be extremely dangerous and can cause fires, electrical shocks, or other hazards.
  6. Improper use of electrical appliances: Improper use of electrical appliances can cause fires or electrical shocks, such as leaving an appliance on for too long, using an appliance that is damaged or malfunctioning, or using an appliance in a damp or wet area.

It is important to note that these hazards can be prevented by regular electrical safety inspections and maintenance, hiring a licensed electrician for any electrical work, and educating yourself and your family on how to safely use and maintain electrical appliances and devices.

If you need a friendly Appliance Repairer from ABC Electrical to assist with any Electrical issues you may have …..

Make an Online Booking